TALS is Hiring: Grant Manager-Grant Writer
TENNESSEE ALLIANCE FOR LEGAL SERVICES
TALS is Hiring: Grant Manager/Grant Writer
The Grant Manager/Writer engages in program development; produces and manages grant reports, billing and invoices; manages funder relationships; supports development project initiatives and serves as the primary grant writer for the organization. This is a full time exempt position reporting to the Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage grant administration, contract compliance, and reporting for all public and private grants and contracts.
• Collect and track key data points related to TALS areas of strategic focus.
• Generate revenues for TALS internal programs, services, and impact areas through timely submission of well-researched, well-written, and well-documented proposals.
• Produce, manage, and forecast grant budgets.
• Ensure that deadlines, required data, and additional essential elements of the project are accurately followed, compiled, measured, and reported.
• Serve as a point of contact for funders, build strong relationships, and provide excellent customer service.
• Maintain working knowledge of federal and local regulations governing TALS contracts, provide basic training, and answer questions regarding contract/grant regulations for TALS staff.
• Prepare all materials for contract/grant reviews and meet with reviewers when requested by funders, in conjunction with the administrative staff.
• Research and present new and continuing grant opportunities.
• Lead staff in preparing and assembling grant proposals/contracts in compliance with State, Federal, Foundation, and private funder guidelines and deadlines.
• Maintain grant files, award acknowledgement letters, draft proposals and grant application narratives, and collaborate to finalize applications with the Executive Director and others as appropriate. Secure all necessary endorsement letters and signatures.
• Participate on internal committees, work groups, and other efforts to promote and improve the operations of TALS.
• Establish and maintain professional working relationships with all staff.
• Comply with program policies.
• Comply with all applicable organizational, professional, and legal requirements for confidentiality.
• Perform other duties as requested by the Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum Three (3) years non-profit grant management and grant writing experience.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Intermediate to expert proficiency in Microsoft Office software, especially Excel, Word and Outlook.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range is $52,000- $58,000 based on experience. TALS benefits package includes health, life, disability, dental and vision insurance, 403B with 3% employer match, accrued PTO and most federal holidays off, plus TALS office is closed the week of December 24-31.
Email your resume and cover letter to Jenny Darrell at email@example.com. Resumes are due by October 22, 2021.