www.help4tn.org is a web portal designed to provide Tennesseans with a broad range of legal and social services resources in a one-stop venue. The site was conceived and created by the Tennessee Alliance for Legal Services (TALS) in partnership with West Tennessee Legal Services through a Technology Initiative Grant from Legal Services Corporation.
TALS partners with legal service providers to compile legal information on key issues, and TALS partners with The National Association of Social Workers, TN Chapter, on content to strengthen the social services referral network to families and children statewide.
By combining legal and social services resources in an easy to use format, www.help4tn.org allows Tennesseans to address these two critical and often connected needs
For feedback or questions about the project or the site, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The TALS training for librarians on www.help4tn.org provided a thorough description of the site and taught them about local and statewide legal referral resources, how to address patrons with civil legal needs, and how to create a profile page on www.help4tn.org for their library.
- The curriculum included the following components:
- Introduction to Legal Services across Tennessee
- A seminar about the difference between legal advice and legal information
- Discussion of pitfalls and caveats when fielding civil legal questions from patrons
- A detailed “how-to” tutorial for www.help4tn.orgl
- A talk with a local Legal Aid representative
- Civil legal resources (local and statewide) that can assist your patrons most effectively
- A walk-through on building a library profile page
View a www.help4tn.org training session:
An introduction to www.help4tn.org (formerly called Legal Information for Tennesseans or LIFT):
Legal Information vs. Legal Advice by Pam Wright from West TN Legal Services:
An introduction to the LIFT website:
Library Page set-up explanation: