TALS wouldn't be able to reach as many people as we do without the help of volunteers and interns. TALS seeks the following types of volunteers:
TALS is currently accepting interns for fall 2018. Unless otherwise noted, TALS does not offer paid internships so we request you follow-up with your school to see if you are eligible for school credit.
TALS accepts law school students, college students, and recent college graduates for internship positions. Law school student internships include legal issue spotting, legal research, document review, and more. Other college students or recent college graduates can intern in areas such as administration, training, communications, design, technology and more.
Each summer, TALS seeks a communications intern. That intern will help in creating the digital/printed materials for our annual training conference, Equal Justice University conference. Intern activities would include:
- Contributing to and editing our conference program
- Contributing to and editing our pre-conference emails
- Assisting with the management training content for approval from the CLE Commission and more
- Creating post-event survey
TALS accepts organizational volunteers for other areas such as administration, training, communications, design, and more. Law students and college students seeking internships for credit are welcome too.
TALS also seeks volunteers during Equal Justice University. This year's event is August 29 - 31, 2018. Volunteer activities would include:
- Before the conference, prepping materials like nametags, event bags, etc.
- Assisting with registering 200+ attendees and guests
- Ensuring each of four training rooms are prepared for each training session
- Coordinating with speakers to ensure they are ready to present
If you're interested in volunteering or interning with TALS, contact Kirsten Jacobson - please include which area of TALS' work most interests you.