TALS Seeks Sr. Helpline Coordinator
Tennessee Alliance for Legal Services and the four major legal aid programs throughout the state have joined forces to launch the creation of an innovative, sustainable, and critically needed statewide network of attorneys and other legal professionals who will work together to meet the legal needs of Tennessee’s most vulnerable senior citizens, creating lasting local impact across all 95 Tennessee counties. This first-of-its-kind network, known as the Tennessee Senior Legal Services Consortium (Consortium), will partner with other organizations that serve seniors to strengthen and expand services to reach even the most rural and underserved areas of the state. The result will be a long-term solution to a pressing and growing problem; namely, how to sustain and improve the quality of life of our seniors. The Consortium will achieve this goal by helping seniors address legal core issues such as accessing benefits and healthcare; obtaining and maintaining safe and secure housing; avoiding or escaping abuse and exploitation; and engaging in important estate planning activities such as creating wills, advance directives, and powers of attorney. The Consortium and its partners will work together to ensure that Tennessee’s senior citizens can live their lives safely, securely, and with dignity. The Helpline Coordinator has primary responsibility for working with the helpline managing attorney to ensure an efficient and quality referral process for callers to TALS’ senior helpline to the appropriate legal aid office. This position is funded for three years under a court settlement, and TALS is working to sustain funding for the position thereafter.
Full time, excellent benefits
- Follow the Senior Helpline work plan and ensure deliverables are met;
- Answer Senior Legal Helpline calls, perform intake, schedule appointments for callers to talk with senior helpline attorneys, make referrals as appropriate;
- Implement action plans to maintain and improve the quality of Senior Legal Helpline operations with other staff as needed;
- Oversee recruitment and orientation of Senior Legal Helpline volunteers, and assist with training of Senior Legal Helpline volunteers;
- Work with Senior Legal Helpline managing attorney on scheduling to ensure Senior Legal Helpline coverage during office hours;
- Support Senior Legal Helpline staff attorneys and volunteers;
- Remain informed about Senior Law Consortium grant requirements and work with TALS’ Senior Legal Helpline managing attorney to coordinate helpline points-of-intersection with Consortium partners’ work;
- Complete quality assurance processes including caller follow up surveys and documentation of referrals;
- Work with Senior Helpline managing attorney and Director of Legal Services for Seniors to ensure statewide referral matrix is up to date.
- Participate in out of town, overnight travel on a limited basis in connection to project activities, agency business or professional development activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Commitment to the mission of Tennessee Alliance for Legal Services. Exemplify professional conduct at all times including respectful communications. Exemplify positive customer service attitude.
Associates’ degree and prior relevant work experience. Sales, call center operations or communications experience preferred.
Applications due by February 23, 2018
TALS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Contact Information and Procedure:
To apply, please email your resume (PDF) and cover letter (PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org with "SR Helpline Coordinator" in the subject line.
If selected to move forward in the application process, references and other additional information may be requested at a later date.
Applications due by February 23, 2018