TALS Seeks Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant Position
The Tennessee Alliance for Legal Services (TALS) seeks an Administrative Assistant. TALS is a statewide nonprofit organization whose mission is to strengthen the delivery of civil legal help to vulnerable Tennesseans.
The Administrative Assistant to perform administrative tasks for up to seventeen (17) hours per week. The compensation for this position is $12.50/hour. The position is hourly and does not include fringe benefits other than flexible scheduling.
- Managing Agency postal mail
- Various Types of Record Keeping, including through Microsoft Excel
- Managing documents via Microsoft Word and PDF
- Answering information requests via telephone
- Assist with preparation for meetings and trainings
- Assist with intake for referral program
- Assisting preparation and execution of annual conference attendance tracking
- On-site assistance at annual conference as needed
- Making copies and managing copy machine accounts
- Ordering/managing office supplies
- Assisting staff with other administrative tasks as needed
- Proficient to expert in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, and Outlook
Under the supervision of the Director of Training, Compliance & Technology this position is responsible for administrative support, data entry, and general office work. The Administrative Assistant should be detail-oriented; experienced with internet research; and possess accurate and efficient data entry skills as well as excellent telephone skills. This candidate should have the ability to multi-task and prioritize work in a according to general deadlines; demonstrate good written and oral communication skills; have the ability to handle difficult personalities tactfully and efficiently; and have the ability to maintain confidences due to the confidential nature of legal work.
It is the policy of TALS to seek and employ qualified persons, to provide equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and to administer all personnel activities in a manner that will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, religion/creed sex, age, pregnancy, veteran status, disability, or other protected legally class.
To apply, submit your resume and at least two professional references via email to email@example.com using the subject line "TALS Admin Assistant". Applications will be accepted through Wednesday, September 9, 2015.