DCS Seeks Affirmitive Action Director, apply by 8/30
Affirmative Action Director
State of Tennessee
Department Of Children Services
The Department of Children Services is seeking to fill an Affirmative Action Director position. This position is stationed in Nashville, but has statewide responsibility. This position will be responsible for the following:
· Oversight/Management of reporting/filing ADA, Title VI, Title VII, Workplace Harassment and internal employee complaints.
· Oversight/Management of the Title VI annual provider trainings and development of implementation Plan.
· Oversight/Management of Title 9 Plan and Affirmative Action Plan
· Oversight/Supervision of staff in the Office of Civil Rights Unit
· Ensure that a mechanism is in place through which DCS can identify, respond to and prevent incidents of illegal discrimination in seeking programs, services or facilities of DCS and its employment practices.
· Oversight/Management of the Complaint Processing and Referral Interviewing.
· Oversight/Management of the Limited English Proficiency (LED) program and Small Business Plan.
· Oversee key diversity initiative processes to improve timeliness, customer focus and efficiency of OCR unit.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree required (Master’s preferred) in the related fields of Human Resources, Social Services or Management; must have 3 or more years of increasingly responsible professional work with at least 2 years of supervisory experience; must have at least 3 years of experience in the diversity field, training experience preferred; and must be a current DCS employee
Desired Leadership Competencies
Decision Quality Problem Solving Dealing with Ambiguity
Priority Setting Organization/Planning Directing Others
Conflict Management Presentation Skills Customer Focus
Send Resume to Karen.Haynes@tn.gov
Closing Date: Friday; August 30, 2013
The State of Tennessee is an Equal Opportunity Employer