Arts and Business Council of Greater Nashville
The Arts & Business Council connects artists and arts organizations with the education, resources, and opportunities they need to thrive from their creative endeavors. To this end, the Arts & Business Council provides pro bono legal and business services to income-qualified artists and creative entrepreneurs of all disciplines, as well as emerging nonprofit arts organizations, through Volunteer Lawyers & Professionals for the Arts (VLPA).
We provide legal services for artists and arts organizations in Tennessee, including:
- Drafting and reviewing contracts
- Protecting your work with copyright and trademark
- Resolving arts-related disputes
- Nonprofit formation
Since opening as the Tennessee Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts in Fall 2006, VLPA has helped the arts community resolve nearly 4,000 legal and business matters. In 2017, VLPA reached a huge new milestone by providing over $3 million in free legal and business counsel to 2,500 artists and 450 nonprofit arts organizations.
Even if you don’t see your need listed above or aren’t sure whether you qualify, email or give them a call.
Other programs provided by the Arts and Business Council include:
- The Artis Relief Fund
- Education for artists and professionals, including CLE course offerings
- Periscope: Artist Entrepreneur Training
- Arts Board Matching for Nashville-based professionals
- Fiscal sponsorship for emerging arts nonprofit organizations