TALS Seeks Full-Time Admin Assistant
THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER OPEN.
Are you looking for an action‐packed job where you are making a positive impact on our state? Join our team at Tennessee Alliance for Legal Services! TALS is a statewide non‐profit based in Nashville that works to help Tennesseans get civil/non‐criminal legal help when they are facing a crisis and cannot afford to hire an attorney. TALS is an alliance of legal assistance providers, law schools and attorney representatives who are committed to strengthening the delivery of civil legal help to vulnerable Tennesseans. This is a full time position with benefits.
Schedule and pay: 40 hours per week, some flexibility with respect to hours and remote working. Pay rate $14.50/hour.
- Data entry and record keeping
- Preparing invoices
- Managing documents in Microsoft Excel, Word, PDF and hard copy.
- Preparing reports and documents, including news letters
- Managing calendars and scheduling meetings
- Answering information requests via telephone and email
- Assisting with preparation and execution of meetings and trainings
- Preparing board meeting minutes
- Assisting with planning and preparation for annual conference
- Ordering and managing office supplies, assisting staff with other administrative tasks as needed
- High school diploma or G.E.D. preferred
- Minimum of three years’ experience as an administrative assistant
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize and complete work with accuracy in a timely manner
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Spanish language proficiency preferred, but not required
- 403B with 3% employer contribution
- Health, dental, life and disability insurance available
- Paid time off
TALS seeks to employ qualified persons, to provide equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and to administer all personnel activities in a manner that will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, religion/creed, sex, pregnancy veteran status, disability, or other legally protected class.
Submit your resume or questions to TALS’ Operations Manager, Joy Reed, firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes are due by March 1, 2021.