Giving Tuesday: Join the 20-20 Challenge
Support TALS today because you believe in equal access to justice in Tennessee. Help us strengthen the delivery of civil legal help to vulnerable Tennesseans. In just 20 minutes, our limited-scope HELP4TN services can make a big difference to Tennesseans facing a crisis.
TALS provides legal advice and referrals to Tennesseans through the 1-844-HELP4TN free legal helpline, legal information and forms through www.HELP4TN.org, and connections to pro bono attorneys for legal advice through TN.FreeLegalAnswers.org. TALS also supports the civil legal aid organizations statewide through Continuous Legal Education courses and our annual training conference, Equal Justice University.
Our legal services provide a necessary service to low-income and vulnerable Tennesseans. In just twenty minutes:
- A free phone call with a HELP4TN free legal helpline attorney can provide legal advice and referrals to local resources, and empower the caller to take action on their legal issues.
- A free Legal Wellness Checkup can provide a person with education about their legal risks, legal rights and responsibilities, and personalized referrals on HELP4TN.org to get help.
TALS is a statewide organization and reaches all 95 counties in Tennessee.
What does 20 minutes mean to our clients?
- "The gentleman that I talked with was very kind... He helped me make up my mind on what to do and I appreciate him very much. We need more people like him." - 1-844-HELP4TN Caller
- "The attorney's compassion and advice lifted the weight of the world off of my shoulders." - 1-844-HELP4TN Caller
- "I knew what to do to help myself and my children. I had hope and could see the light." - Legal Wellness Checkup Client
- $20: Pledge $20 monthly to support TALS in 2020! Your gift will support all of TALS programming.Your gift will support our various projects across the state including: TN Free Legal Answers - our web-based pro bono clinic; www.HELP4TN.org - our partnership programs that deliver civil legal information to library patrons; 1-844-HELP4TN (1-844-435-7486) - our free civil legal information and referral toll-free phone line and Equal Justice University (EJU) - our annual training event for advocates and pro bono attorneys providing services to the poor, elderly, and victims of domestic violence in Tennessee.
- $50: Help TALS host a TN Free Legal Answers clinic, bringing together law students and TN attorneys to provide pro bono advice on TN.FreeLegalAnswers.org
- $100: Cover the cost of 4 free legal helpline calls to 1-844-HELP4TN. Consider making a $100 per month pledge to cover 48 calls per year!
- $250: Provide funding for month of the Legal Wellness Checkup
- $1,000: Support our TN legal aid advocates by providing Continuous Legal Education training for one year