TALS is Hiring: Operations Manager
Job Title: Operations Manager
Tennessee Alliance for Legal Services (TALS): TALS is a statewide nonprofit whose mission is to strengthen the delivery of civil legal help to vulnerable Tennesseans. TALS is an alliance of civil legal assistance providers and supporting organizations that are committed to making civil legal help more accessible to disadvantaged Tennesseans. Our organization fulfills a critical role in the access to justice community in Tennessee by:
- Simplifying the search for legal help through our statewide civil legal helpline 1 844 HELP4TN and our legal information web portal www.HELP4TN.org.
- Serving as a Center for Innovation, Training and Excellence for civil legal assistance providers in Tennessee.
We are seeking a results-oriented, operations manager who enjoys working in a dynamicand fast paced work environment.
Description: Operations Manager will be responsible for maintaining TALS’ administrative systems and processes including financial (working with our accountant), personnel and operational. The position will have responsibility for grant/contract administration, tracking and compliance. The Operations Manager will also have a project management role in TALS’ annual public interest law conference, Equal Justice University. TALS is located in Nashville, TN. The Operations Manager must have reliable transportation and be able to travel statewide, including occasional overnight stays.
Education: A bachelor’s degree is required.
Skills: The successful applicant must have:
- Excellent organizational and project management skills;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, especially excel, Word and Outlook;
- Strong written and oral communication skills to clearly and concisely relay information internally and to external stakeholders;
- An interest in using technology to drive efficiency;
- The ability to operate and troubleshoot computers and use basic office equipment, e.g. computer and telephone devices.
Experience: The successful applicant will have experience with grant and contract administration, creating budgets, financial analysis, vendor management, compliance, process improvement, a demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively with team members while managing a project to successful completion.
Responsibilities and essential functions:
- Managing grant and contract compliance and assisting with reporting;
- Completing personnel related activities, including tracking compliance with annual training requirements, onboarding, benefits administration and tracking leave;
- Financial analysis, managing financial processes and budgeting;
- Project management for critical organizational activities, including TALS’ annual training conference, Equal Justice University
- Vendor management
- Salary: Commensurate with skills and experience.
- Benefits: Comprehensive package including health insurance, dental insurance, life and disability insurance, SEP with 3% employer contribution, paid time off, and holidays.
TALS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact Details: Please forward a cover letter and resume by to: Ann Pruitt, email@example.com.