Support TALS today because you believe in equal access to justice in Tennessee. Help us strengthen the delivery of civil legal help to vulnerable Tennesseans. In just 20 minutes, our limited-scope HELP4TN services can make a big difference to Tennesseans facing a crisis.
In just twenty minutes:
- A free phone call with a HELP4TN free legal helpline attorney can provide legal advice and referrals to local resources, and empower the caller to take action on their legal issues.
- A free Legal Wellness Checkup can provide a person with education about their legal risks, legal rights and responsibilities, and personalized referrals on HELP4TN.org to get help.
What does 20 minutes mean to our clients?
- "The gentleman that I talked with was very kind... He helped me make up my mind on what to do and I appreciate him very much. We need more people like him." - 1-844-HELP4TN Caller
- "The attorney's compassion and advice lifted the weight of the world off of my shoulders." - 1-844-HELP4TN Caller
- "I knew what to do to help myself and my children. I had hope and could see the light." - Legal Wellness Checkup Client
Your gift will support our various projects across the state including: TN Free Legal Answers - our web-based pro bono clinic; www.HELP4TN.org - our partnership programs that deliver civil legal information to library patrons; 1-844-HELP4TN (1-844-435-7486) - our free civil legal information and referral toll-free phone line and Equal Justice University (EJU) - our annual training event for advocates and pro bono attorneys providing services to the poor, elderly, and victims of domestic violence in Tennessee. Additionally, donations may be indicated for our various scholarship funds, the EJU Advocate Scholarship Fund or the EJU Law Student Scholarship Fund.